Loyola’s online programs are based on over forty years experience in ministry education and over twenty-five years in distance education. Ours is a professionally oriented graduate program that develops your theological and ministerial competencies through an integration of academic study with theological reflection on ministerial practice and your lived adult experience as a person of faith.
Students come from all walks of life; some are new to the field of theology and ministry, while others are already working as ecclesial ministers or religious educators. Others may work in hospitals, social service agencies, various businesses, or other settings.
Our online programs are designed by Loyola faculty with you, the adult learner, in mind. The sessions for each online course incorporate a variety of reflection methods and experiential learning approaches, along with lecture material presented in text form and supplemental video input from leading scholars. The graces of the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola are woven through select courses. You will be a part of an online, intentional learning community that will carry on extended and disciplined conversation that is both theologically informed and personally transformative.
Our online programs are also designed for flexibility and convenience. You may take the master’s degree, a post-master’s certificate, or individual courses all online. You may also combine online with on-campus courses.
The benefits of our online programming include:
- deepening your faith and spirituality,
- developing professional competence and practical ministry skills,
- exploring key connections between the social sciences and Christian Life,
- growing in the context of online intentional learning communities,
- enjoying a flexible online format that allows you to study at home without traveling back and forth to class and at times that are most convenient for you, and
- accessing a state-of-the-art library with services for distance education students
- Interacting directly with Loyola’s excellent faculty who are pastoral scholars in their fields.