Ready to make the world brighter?
A Loyola Institute for Ministry education changes the way you experience the world and lets you bring learning to life in your own ways. Join a community where you can create a meaningful impact—start your application today.
Before beginning your application, decide
- Master of Religious Education
- Master of Pastoral Studies (with a focus area concentration in Christian Spirituality, Digital Culture and Ministry, Marketplace Ministry, Pastoral Care, Pastoral Life and Administration, Religion and Ecology, Youth and Young Adult Ministry, Small Christian Community Formation)
- Master of Pastoral Studies/Master of Business Administration Dual Degrees
- Master of Pastoral Studies/Master of Science in Counseling Dual Degrees☆
- Master of Pastoral Studies/Master of Criminology and Justice Dual Degrees
- BA in Religious Studies to Master of Pastoral Studies or Master of Religious Education☆
☆ Available on campus only
Continuing Education Certificates
- Certificate in Religious Education
- Certificate in Pastoral Studies
- Certificate in Theology and Ministry
- Certificate in Catholic Social Teaching
- Certificate in Spirituality★
- Advanced Certificate in Religious Education
- Advanced Certificate in Pastoral Studies
- Certificado de Educación Continua en Teología y Ministerio★
★Available in LIMEX (extension site) only
✬ Available online only
Students may enroll in individual courses without pursuing a credential.
Whether you earn graduate credits or continuing education units (CEUs), you will take the same graduate-level courses and participate in a community of learners eager to put their education to use in the world.
What are graduate credits?
A credit hour is the unit of measuring educational credit, which is usually based on the number of classroom hours and out of class student work per week throughout a term. Courses in the LIM program are each worth 3 credit hours. Graduate credits apply towards graduate degrees and graduate certificates.
What are continuing education units?
Continuing education units (CEUs) are used to signify successful completion of non-credit programs and courses intended to improve the knowledge and skills of working adults. CEUs are recorded on an official Loyola transcript and kept in the permanent records of the university. CEU courses in the LIM program are each worth 3 continuing education units.
Why choose graduate credits or continuing education units?
Students who choose to earn graduate credits may wish to qualify for a higher position within their field of work, unlock the potential to earn a higher salary, or facilitate a career change. Students who choose to earn continuing education units may lack the required bachelor’s degree to enroll for the graduate degree, while others already have graduate credentials and do not wish to earn another graduate credential. In addition, graduate students must complete papers and projects that are not required of CEU students. A final consideration is cost: 1 graduate credits costs approximately 3 times the cost of 1 continuing education unit.
Note: the undergraduate courses are credit earning; there are no continuing education units in the undergraduate program.
Students can complete their credentials fully online or through a mix of online and in-person courses. The in-person courses take place on campus or in a LIMEX learning group.
Applicants for fully online programs (Master of Pastoral Studies, Master of Religious Education, Bachelor of Arts in Ministry and Theology, LIM continuing education certificates) apply here»
Applicants for on-campus or local extension sites access step-by-step application instructions below then apply here»
Extension Program Master's Degree or Certificate instructions»
On-Campus Master’s Degree application instructions»
On-Campus Certificate or Non-Degree application instructions»
Please contact Manager of Student Services Judy Fontenot Lavergne at 504-865-3399 or firstname.lastname@example.org.