Welcome to the Pack!
The faculty and staff of the Institute for Ministry welcome our new students to a community of learners that spans the globe! We have tailored our new student orientation to the program in which they are enrolled. Find out more below.
Orientation for online students occurs in two parts. All new students first are assisted by LIM staff with registering for their first semester classes. Then students are given access to the LIM Resource Module, which is an online, self-paced orientation session that new students are to complete before the first class session of the semester. The module is available on the Canvas learning management system on which students will be taking classes. The orientation features tutorials designed specifically to provide new students with the tools and skills needed to access university resources and services and to practice using Blackboard. During this orientation, university and LIM academic and administrative policies are also reviewed and students are given access to the LIM Guide to Written Theological Reflection which will be used throughout the program.
LIM staff meets with students individually before the first week of classes to handle administrative matters, to register them for their first semester, and to discuss material in the orientation booklet. A welcome session with the faculty is arranged each semester as well.
LIM extension students will attend a 3-hour Orientation Session scheduled by their local sponsoring agency. During the Orientation Session, students will receive instructions for accessing the following resources to be used throughout the program:
- The LIM Policy Manual and Guide to Written Theological Reflection are available in Canvas, Loyola's learning management system; students will receive a user name and password from their facilitator to access, download, and print these documents.
- A Video Guide to Writing the Reflective Essay is available in Canvas; students will receive a user name and password from their facilitator to view these videos.
For Additional Information
Orientation questions for any of the programs can be directed to LIM Director Tom Ryan at email@example.com.
University Web Pages
Below are helpful links for you to review prior to beginning your coursework.
- Loyola Online Records Access (LORA): register for classes (online and on-campus), view grades and transcripts, view account summaries and billing statements, pay tuition, change mailing addresses, add non-Loyola e-mail addresses, submit parking decal request and submit your personal evacuation plan.
- University Bulletin: view program details and policies, as well as relevant university policies.
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA): explore your rights with respect to your educational records.
- Scholarships and Financial Aid: receive assistance with seeking, obtaining, and making the best use of all available financial resources.