Leadership and Social Media Project
The Loyola Institute for Ministry, supported by a grant from the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, implemented the project entitled "Communicating Charism."
It was founded on the belief that communication is fundamental to the Christian faith. God communicated God’s very self in Jesus, continues to communicate through the work of the Holy Spirit, and invites the faithful to share in the divine task of communicating God’s word in the Church and world today.
The grant's purpose was to build social media and leadership capacity among members of seven communities of women religious in the U.S., Africa, and Asia.
The videos produced by Salt+Light TV to spread the word about the participating communities were broadcast by CatholicTV through August 2018. They will be broadcast on WLAE-TV in New Orleans in 2019. The series is available for purchase here: http://saltandlighttv.org/sisterhood/. Check LIM's Facebook page for schedules. For Vocation Videos for each congregation produced by Salt+Light TV, see https://goo.gl/QuTpEd.
*Congregation of St. Joseph Sisters
*Religious of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Uganda/Kenya Province
*Congregation of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
*Congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of Kilimanjaro
*Sisters of the Holy Family
*Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Benin City, Nigeria
*Daughters of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary of Chí Hòa
In the News:
- 'Sisterhood' features women religious in seven congregations around the world" by Gail George, Global Sisters Report
- "Highlighting the Work of Nuns in 'Sisterhood' Series" by Christine L. Bordelon, Clarion Herald
- "Loyola Online Program Geared to Religious Women" by Peter Finney, Jr, Clarion Herald
- "Pope’s Media Messenger Excited by Wide Tent" by Christine Bordelon, Clarion Herald
- "A New Kind of Habit" by Emily Branan, The Maroon
- "Conrad N. Hilton Foundation Grant Will Provide Increased Global Catholic Educational Opportunities" Loyola Press Release
- Congregation of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (U.S.)
- Congregation of St. Joseph Sisters (U.S.)
- Daughters of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary of Chi Hoa (U.S. province of Vietnamese order)
- Society of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (Uganda, Kenya)
- Sisters of the Holy Family (U.S.)
- Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (Benin City, Nigeria)
- Sisters of Our Lady of Kilimanjaro (Tanzania)