FaithActs Summer Youth Theology Institute
FaithActs is a program for rising Catholic high school juniors and seniors to step outside the classroom and gather at Loyola University New Orleans for an exciting summer institute focusing on the earth and the role we play as Catholics. The Institute utilizes a dynamic, transformative process that includes:
- immersion experiences in local wetlands and neighborhoods
- social analysis
- theological reflection
- individual and shared spiritual reflection
- community service
Faith Acts invites students to think theologically and explore answers to questions such as:
- What are the ethical implications of caring for creation?
- What is God's will with and for us?
- What am I called to create?
We invite you to share in the great work of strengthening your faith, exploring your true self, asking big questions, and leading the future!
- Morning prayer
- Service immersion
- Lunch and break
- Afternoon instruction and reflection on theology and ecology
- Reflection in small groups
- Spiritual formation activity
- Service activity, excursion, or evening programming
- Evening prayer and journaling
- Lights out
- exploring the theology of creation, sustainability, missionary discipleship, Catholic Social Teaching, and Ignatian spirituality with Loyola University faculty
- studying the ethical implications of social justice for ensuring all members of the Earth community flourish
- engaging in theological and ecological dialogue with peers, Loyola student mentors, and Loyola faculty
- sharing faith in small group conversations led by Loyola student mentors
- reflecting on what God is calling us to do with our lives
- celebrating the liturgy
- practicing finding God in all thiings
Learn more about FaithActs 2019 GO»
Learn more about our program's policies and procedures GO»
For more information, please contact Tom Ryan at 504-865-2069 or email@example.com.