FaithActs involves engagement with the relevant sciences and an exploration of Christianity's rich biblical and theological traditions. Participants will discern how their faith can help them become leaders in support of creation and environmental justice. They can also earn 3 college credits. This event made possible by a grant from the Lilly Foundation takes place Monday-Friday i June 2121 (exact dates forthcoming) and is for rising high school juniors and seniors to
- explore faith's implications for creation
- have immersion experiences in your local area
- learn social analysis and theological reflection
- collaborate with high school students from across the country
Faith Acts invites students to think theologically and explore answers to questions such as:
- What does faith require of us with regard to creation and environmental justice?
- What is God's will with and for us?
- What am I called to create?
- receive a "Care Package" containing a FaithActs T-Shirt and supplies for the week
- engage with Loyola mentors in large-group and small-group settings
- watch movies, undertake projects
- pray and reflect together
- eat together (we are planning to supply some meals)
We invite you to share in the great work of strengthening your faith, exploring your true self, asking big questions, and leading the future!
Current high school sophomores and juniors may apply.
The cost to attend is $25, fee waivers are available. All fees are included in the cost.
Students will receive instruction from Loyola University faculty members and reflect in small groups led by Loyola undergraduate student mentors. All Loyola faculty, staff, and undergraduate student mentors are Safe Environment trained and are cleared through background checks in order to work with minors.
Students can earn 3 college credits by participating in the FaithActs Institute.
- Apply Today!
- Earn 3 college credits!
- Work with Loyola undergraduates who are committed to the environment and collaborate online wiht students from around the country.
- Explore questions about God, your faith, and its implications for how you live
- Discover God's call for your life
- Delight in the wonder of creation
- Pray and reflect with small groups
- Draw on the wisdom of Pope Francis
- Study the intersection of faith and science
- Analyze environmental threats and work for environmental justice
- Develop actions for sustainability
- Students can earn 3 college credits by participating in the FaithActs Institute
- To nominate participants who are ready to explore questions about their faith, purpose, and call to ministry in the world.
For more information, please contact LIM Director Tom Ryan at 504-865-2069 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.