Dr. Laurie Anne Ferguson, DNP, APRN, has served as the Director of the School of Nursing since 2016 and was named to serve as Dean, in addition to Director, of the newly renamed College of Nursing and Health in January of 2018.
Dr. Ferguson has practiced as a Nurse Practitioner since 1984. She is certified as an Adult, Family and Pediatric Nurse Practitioner and has practiced in a variety of clinical settings in the NP role including ER, Occupational Health and Primary Care. She has been a nursing educator since 1991 and joined Loyola University in 2010. She maintains an active clinical practice in family practice in rural Louisiana caring for patients of all ages.
Her research and translational practice interests are in Health Literacy and its impact on health outcomes. Specifically her interest is to explore and implement interventions to enhance patient education and understanding in managing health care and navigating the health care system. Dr. Ferguson is recognized for her leadership in the nursing profession and is a fellow both in the National Academies of Practice (NAP) and the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP). She was elected to and is currently serving on the executive committee of the Fellows of AANP.
DNP, University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston; MSN, University of Pennsylvania; BSN, University of San Francisco
- NURS-G825 Primary Care of Pediatrics
- NURS-G830 Primary Care of Pediatrics Practicum
- NURS-G840 Primary Care of Adults
- NURS-G845 Primary Care of Adults Practicum
- NURS-G850 Primary Care of Adults & Women’s Health
- NURS-G855 Primary Care of Adults & Women’s Health Practicum
- NURS-G915 Evidence-Based Practice
- NURS-G930 DNP Advanced Practicum I
- NURS-G945 DNP Advanced Practicum II
- NURS-G960 DNP Scholarly Project