Janet DuBois, DNP, APRN, FNP-BC, FAANP, FNAP, is an Associate Professor in the School of Nursing at Loyola University, New Orleans. Dr. DuBois earned her MSN as a Family Nurse Practitioner and her DNP at the University of South Florida, Tampa. She is a board certified Family Nurse Practitioner with over 23 years of experience, is a Distinguished Practitioner Fellow of the National Academies of Practice and is Chair of the Fellows of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. Dr. DuBois has presented at state, regional, national, and international conferences on professional practice issues, health policy, and education. Her advocacy and participation in legislative and health policy activities spans her entire nursing career and is focused on improving the health of Florida’s citizens while promoting and educating others on the role of the NP.
"Well behaved women rarely make history." -Eleanor Roosevelt
- Extensive practice expertise in rural health, family practice, urgent/emergency care
- Educator for over 14 years
- Expert in Healthcare Policy
- Goolsby, M.J, & DuBois, J.C. (2017). Professional organization membership: Advancing the nurse practitioner role. Journal of the American Association of Nurse Practitioners, 29(8), 434-440 7p. doi: 10.1002/2327-6924.12483
- DuBois, J. & Reid, P. (2013). The Nurse Practitioner and Policy in End-of-Life Care. Nurs Sci Q January 2014 27: 70-76.
- DuBois, J. (2009). Evaluating and treating sprains and strains. Clinician Reviews/Convenient Care, July 2009.
- DuBois, J. (2003). A Primer for Clinical Aromatherapy. (book review of Clinical Aromatherapy: Essential Oils in Practice). Advance for Nurse Practitioners, 2003; 11 (11): 95.
Doctor of Nursing Practice, University of South Florida (USF), Tampa, FL, 2005-2007 M.S. Nursing, Family Nurse Practitioner, USF, Tampa, FL, 1992-1994 A.S. Nursing, Regents College, Albany, NY, 1990-1991 B.S. Spanish, William Paterson University, Wayne, N
- Advanced Nursing Research
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Advanced Primary Care
- Health Policy